A young guy, listening to Céline Dion on repeat, gets prepared to offer himself as a sex-toy to his boyfriend, as a celebration gift for their 3rd anniversary.
SEE-GREEK DIRECTOR’S GUILD
SOUND & SOUND DESIGN
A SEE-ΕΕΣ PRODUCTION
WITH A COLLABORATION OF THESSALONIKI IFF
GENRE: LGBTQ+ - Short Film - Comedy
RUNTIME: 09:30 min
FORMAT: 2K | 4:3 | 24fps | 5:1 Sound | DCP |
SUBTITLES: English, TBA.
DIRECTOR: Thanasis Neofotistos
PREMIERE: 43th Frameline (USA 06.2019)
#sparklingcandles #queer #shortfilm #fiction #gay #lgbt #film #movie #frameline #filmfestival
Ένας νεαρός άνδρας, με την Celine Dion στο repeat, ετοιμάζεται και περιμένει τον φίλο του, στα τέσσερα, για να γιορτάσουν την τρίτη επέτειο τους.
Ένα μικρό αποχαιρετιστήριο γράμμα προς το σπίτι μου και μια πέρα για πέρα ρεαλιστική προετοιμασία πριν την ερωτική πράξη.
● The song, that the young guy hears on repeat, is Céline Dion : "The Power of Love".
● The film is like a part of a mixed tape - a quick guide before sex - made as an old DVC Camcorder's Cassette.
● The location/house of the film was the home of the film director.
● It's the actor's Yorgos Samaras first film.
● Our mascot's name of the film is the yellow toy with hearts: The Heart-Boy!
RADIATOR IP SALES
This film is a farewell-letter to my home and a tribute to all gay-“normality”, dedicated to the cuteness and weirdness of stuff ...before sex!
THANASIS NEOFOTISTOS is a Film Director, Writer & Architect from Athens, Greece. Berlinale Talents alumnus. His latest short film, called ‘PATISION AVENUE’ (13’-2018), premiered in 75th Venice Film Festival, won 3 awards at Clermont-Ferrand 2019 (Jury, Canal+, EFA) and has already selected in more than 20 top-A-tier film festivals. ‘PROSEFHI: Greek School Prayer’ (20’-2014), was his dissertation and has been selected by several important International Film Festivals (Encounters, SaoPaulo and 40 more IFF) and won several prizes like Golden Dionysus Award. His documentary called ‘POGONISKOS’ (10’-2015) won the Best Documentary Award at the 38thDramaISFF. He initially studied Architecture (M.A/DUTh) and afterwards continued by studying Film Directing (B.A/QMU). One of his characteristic assets, Production Design, is an influence from his studies. Over the last years, he works also in Greek Ministry of Education on matters concerning Greek Art Public Schools. He is member of the Greek Director Guild (ESS) & Film Directors/Producers Guild of Greece (ESPEK) and has studied Acting (2-years). He is now in the financing stage of his first-debut feature film, which he envisions as a dark, coming-of-age, folktale, 'PETER AND THE WOLF; the film project has already been selected, amongst other, at First Films First SEDA 2017, MFI 2016, Sarajevo Script Station and got a MEDIA development fund.
► ROUTE-3 | Trojka (Fiction-TBA-15’)
► SPARKLING CANDLES (Fiction-2019-9’)
► PATISION AVENUE (Fiction-2018-13’)
► FOUR DIMENSIONS AND ONE LAMP (Doc-2017-30')
► POGONISKOS (Documentary-2015-11')
► PROSEFHI: Greek School Prayer (Fiction- 2014-20')
► THE SUN AND THE WIND (Experimental 2013-10')
43th Frameline LGBTQ+ Film Festival
*Founded in 1977, the "Frameline" San Francisco International LGBTQ+ Film Festival is the longest-running, largest and most widely recognized LGBTQ+ film exhibition event in the world! As a community event with an annual attendance of 60,000+, the Festival is the most prominent and well-attended LGBTQ+ arts program. | *read more:
● 43rd FRAMELINE LGBTQ+ (06.2019)
● 59th THESSALONIKI (11.2018)
● 18th PINK Screens Brussels (10.2019)
● 3rd FAROE Islands Minority IFF (10.2019)
● 30th HAMBUURG Lesbisch Schwule Filmtage IFF (10.2019)
● 4th NAHIA Film Fest Spain (11.2019)
● 27th QUEER SCREEN Mardi Gras IFF Sydney (02.2020)
● 23rd AMSTERDAM LGBTQ+ Film Festival (05.2020)
● 35th FREIBURG Schwule Filmwoche Germany (05.2020)