A young guy, listening to "Power Of Love" on repeat, gets prepared to offer himself as a sex-toy to his boyfriend, as a celebration gift for their 3rd anniversary.
SEE-GREEK DIRECTOR’S GUILD
SOUND & SOUND DESIGN
A SEE-ΕΕΣ PRODUCTION
WITH A COLLABORATION OF THESSALONIKI IFF
GENRE: LGBTQ+ - Short Film - Comedy
RUNTIME: 09:30 min
FORMAT: 2K | 4:3 | 24fps | 5:1 Sound | DCP |
SUBTITLES: English, TBA.
DIRECTOR: Thanasis Neofotistos
PREMIERE: 43th Frameline (USA 06.2019)
#sparklingcandles #queer #shortfilm #fiction #gay #lgbt #film #movie #frameline #filmfestival
*ΣΠΙΝΘΗΡΟΒΟΛΑ ΚΕΡΑΚΙΑ ΣΥΝΟΨΗ
Ένας νεαρός άνδρας, με την Celine Dion στο repeat, ετοιμάζεται και περιμένει τον φίλο του, στα τέσσερα, για να γιορτάσουν την τρίτη επέτειο τους.
Ένα μικρό αποχαιρετιστήριο γράμμα προς το σπίτι μου και μια πέρα για πέρα ρεαλιστική προετοιμασία πριν την ερωτική πράξη.
● The song, that the young guy hears on repeat, is Céline Dion : "The Power of Love".
● The film is like a part of a mixed tape - a quick guide before sex - made as an old DVC Camcorder's Cassette.
● The location/house of the film was the home of the film director.
● It's the actor's Yorgos Samaras first film.
● Our mascot's name of the film is the yellow toy with hearts: The Heart-Boy!
RADIATOR IP SALES
"This film is a farewell-letter to my home and a tribute to all gay-“normality”, dedicated to the cuteness and weirdness of stuff ...before sex!"
THANASIS NEOFOTISTOS is a Film Director, Writer & Architect from Greece. Berlinale Talents alumnus and Head Programmer of Student Int. Competition at Drama ISFF. His short film, PATISION AVENUE (13’-2018), premiered at 75th Venice Film Festival, won 3 awards at 41st Clermont-Ferrand 2019 (Jury, Canal+, EFA) and has already been selected in more than 90 top-tier film festivals. ROUTE-3 (13’-2019) world premiered in official competition of 44th TIFF (Toronto) and had its European premiere at competition of 42nd Clermont-Ferrand 2020. GREEK SCHOOL PRAYER (20’-2014) was his successful thesis (Golden Dionysus), and SPARKLING CANDLES (9’-2019) is his LGBTQ+ sparkling short film, premiered in 43rd Frameline. He is now in the financing stage of his first-debut feature film, which he envisions as a dark, coming-of-age, folktale, PETER AND THE WOLF; the film got the main GFC & Media funding and has been developed, amongst other, at First-Films-First, MFI, Sarajevo Script Station. His next feature film project, WILD BOARS, is developing in Torino Film Lab & MFI.
► ROUTE-3 | Trojka (Fiction-2019-13’)
► SPARKLING CANDLES (Fiction-2019-9’)
► PATISION AVENUE (Fiction-2018-13’)
► FOUR DIMENSIONS AND ONE LAMP (Doc-2017-30')
► POGONISKOS (Documentary-2015-11')
► PROSEFHI: Greek School Prayer (Fiction- 2014-20')
► THE SUN AND THE WIND (Experimental 2013-10')
43th Frameline LGBTQ+ Film Festival
*Founded in 1977, the "Frameline" San Francisco International LGBTQ+ Film Festival is the longest-running, largest and most widely recognized LGBTQ+ film exhibition event in the world! As a community event with an annual attendance of 60,000+, the Festival is the most prominent and well-attended LGBTQ+ arts program. | *read more:
● 43rd FRAMELINE LGBTQ+ (06.2019)
● 59th THESSALONIKI (11.2018)
● 18th PINK Screens Brussels (10.2019)
● 3rd FAROE Islands Minority IFF (10.2019)
● 30th HAMBUURG Lesbisch Schwule Filmtage IFF (10.2019)
● 4th NAHIA Film Fest Spain (11.2019)
● 27th QUEER SCREEN Mardi Gras IFF Sydney (02.2020)
● 23rd AMSTERDAM LGBTQ+ Film Festival (05.2020)
● 35th FREIBURG Schwule Filmwoche Germany (05.2020)
& 40 more IFF!